Company A went public two years after announcing negative Phase 3 results for its lead product candidate. Post-IPO, the company had a limited number of shareholders, a mixed reputation on Wall Street and pending Phase 3 data for the same product in a new indication. Stern IR was retained initially to enhance visibility and awareness in advance of the announcement.
- Build credibility and visibility on Wall Street.
- Educate investors and research analysts about the use of the drug for the new indication and the future direction of the company.
- Lay the groundwork to create positive “buzz” around data announcement.
- Conducted broad proactive outreach to all IR audiences, scheduled numerous roadshows and lobbied for presentation invitations at several conferences in the months leading up to the data announcement – secured 5 conference invitations in 7 months between IPO and data announcement.
- Hosted a successful analyst and investor day two months before the data announcement to lay the groundwork for the pending news; attracted many potential investors that were new to the story.
- Conducted extensive scenario planning and preparation for the announcement and managed all company communications so they were clear and digestible to The Street.
- Stock rose over 200% after the positive data announcement.
- Visibility achieved allowed for a successful post-data follow-on financing 2 weeks later, raising over $30 million.
- Investor base more than tripled the following quarter.